Recent Posts

Thursday 26 March 2015

Thanks, New Sister et al

Well, I have always wondered why I lose so much weight and feel so heathly in Europe compared to the States. I thought is was only that I walked everywhere, to the shops, church, friends, and so on, but now, New Sister has brought to my mind the fact that most EU nations do not allow genetically modified foods. Great Britain announced they would start selling chickens fed with GMO feed in 2013. Now, there is more pressure to do so.

Since coming back to the States, within weeks, I have felt more ill than my entire time in the EU.

Interesting that GMOs can make us feel so ill.

Coming from Iowa, I know that Monsanto "owns" both State universities, which do research and develope GMOs.

I had my students in 2010 do long research projects on this in the classroom, in a class learning critical thinking skills and they were shocked at the results.

I shall have to think about what to do as I am on a very low budget and eat lots of what I call "poor food"; mac and cheese, Ramens, cheap spags, and canned stuff.

I shall absolutely need to review what I can do to change this, if anything, as I have become ill since being over the now almost three months. But, I cannot daily feel this bad.

Simple-greed created this problem and graft in politicians. Why does America have to spread bad ideas around the world? FACTA is a bully-boy rule, which I wrote about last year here. And, this is bullying as well,

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/sep/05/eu-gm-food-imports-us-canada

Britain and other European Union member states are under increasing pressure from North American business groups to open their borders to imports of genetically modified food as part of negotiations for a new Transatlantic trade deal, environmental campaigners have warned.
The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) is being negotiated among European governments, the US and Canada, with the active participation of dozens of large businesses. It has already attracted strong criticism from democracy campaigners, who say it could mean the UK could have to open theNational Health Service further to private companies, and complaints against large companies could be treated in secret without proper legal recourse.

Also, thanks to a good nurse who wrote about carbs and sugar....I need to learn more about these things. Of course, I have to deal with my allergy to the Cuburbitaceae family as well. Sigh, Back to my Bible Diet...I think, if I can afford it. Thanks a lot, Jody, as I had no idea carbs and sugars affected the lungs.


http://www.cropsforthefuture.org/


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cucurbitaceae